I love food. A lot. I am definitely someone who eats because I like the taste of food and often find myself doing so when I’m not even hungry. Over the last couple years we’ve tried a few different “diets” to lose weight and have been successful on them. As we’ve changed our eating habits to try and incorporate healthier meals overall, I’ve built up a bit of a repertoire of healthy and low calorie snacks. Sometimes it feels impossible to find a snack that is a) healthy, b) low calorie and c) still tasty to your taste buds. There is very, very little processed food in these snacks, which is a lifestyle choice that Jason and I try to live by. So there’s no 200 calorie sweets or chips – sorry! Hopefully some of these snacks will appeal to you and encourage you to eat healthy no matter what meal.
Disclaimer: I am by no means any healthy food guru – these are just snacks that I’ve found to work for me. Every snack includes a protein and carbs as I don’t believe in eliminating either of them. Proteins come in the form of meat, dairy, nuts and some grains. I’ve listed some brand names simply because I know the calories for those products. Make sure to check labels before substituting & assuming they are the same – not all brands are created equally!
25 Snacks that are 200 Calories and Under
1. 2 harboiled eggs + 1 cup sliced cucumber: 160 calories
2. 1 whole bell pepper, sliced, + 3 tablespoons hummus: 110 calories
3. 1 medium apple + 1 tbsp natural peanut butter: 180 calories
4. 1 brown rice cake +1 tbsp natural peanut butter + 1 tbsp whole flax seeds: 200 calories
5. 1/2 medium tomato + 1 cup diced cucumber + 2 tbsp feta cheese + 1 tsp olive oil & vinegar each: 150 calories
6. 1 slice Silver Hills’ Little Big Bread + 1 oz avocado slices + 1/2 medium tomato: 170 calories
7. 3/4 cup Special K Red Berries cereal + 1/2 cup % milk: 165 calories
8. 1/2 cup cooked quinoa + 1/2 tomato + 1/2 bell pepper + 1 tbsp feta + lemon juice: 180 calories
9. 3 oz carrot sticks + 1 tablespoon natural almond butter: 130 calories
10. 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt + 1/2 oz (weight) raw walnuts + 2 tsp honey: 180 calories
12. 1 medium apple + 15 raw almonds : 190 calories
13. 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt + 1 cup raspberries + 1 tsp honey: 200 calories
14. 2 cups romaine lettuce + 2 oz peas + 4 slices Maple Leaf Natural Selections Deli Turkey + 1 tsp olive oil & vinegar each: 175 calories
15. 1 cup broccoli florets + 1 bell pepper + 3 tbsp hummus: 175 calories
16. 2 cups spinach + 1/2 cup onion sliced, sauteed in 1 tsp coconut oil + 3 oz ground turkey meat: 180 calories
17. 1 medium banana + 1 tbsp natural almond butter: 180 calories
18. 1 large egg + 2 breakfast turkey sausages + 1/2 bell pepper: 200 calories
19. 1 cup raw cauliflower + 1 cup raw broccoli + 3 tbsp hummus: 165 calories
20. 1/2 cup snap peas + 1/2 bell pepper + 1/2 cup broccoli, sauteed, with 4 oz scallops + 1 tsp coconut oil: 190 calories
21. 1 plum + 1 peach sliced, + 1/2 oz raw walnuts + 2 tsp agave nectar: 200 calories
22. 1 slice Silver Hills Little Big Bread + 1 tbsp natural peanut butter + 2 tsp agave nectar: 195 calories
23. 1/3 cup dry oatmeal (cooked with water) + 1 tbsp sliced almonds + 1 tbsp maple syrup: 190 calories
24. 5 asparagus spears steamed + 2 Laughing Cow Light Wedges + 5 slices deli turkey, made into roll ups: 165 calories
25. 2 cups Romaine lettuce + 1 cup sliced cucumber + 1/2 tomato + 1 tbsp sliced almonds + 3 slices deli turkey + 1 tsp olive oil + vinegar each: 180 calories
And just because I love you all & want to encourage you even more in your endeavours to be healthy, I’ve compiled the information above into a handy print out that you can stick up wherever. I keep mine on the fridge for ideas when I’m looking for a snackity-snack 🙂 You can click on the image or HERE to download.
Got any other ideas for 200 calorie snacks? I’d love to hear them below!
*I am not being compensated by any of the aforementioned brands in this post – all opinions are my own and they are just brands that I genuinely use and love.*